Pages



Sunday, October 19, 2014

Top of the Hub

Happy Sunday! Mother daughter dates are the best kind of dates, don't you think?



Recently my parents moved, so they have been super busy. All their little birds have left the nest and the house I grew up in was just too big for the two of them. It was tough, saying goodbye to my childhood home. It's always been home base, throughout college and moving all over Boston year after year. It's bittersweet, but we'll always have the memories- and my parent's new place is lovely too.

I missed my mum so we decided we to have a good old fashioned mother daughter catch up lunch date and shopping spree, and where better to do that than at the Top of the Hub in Boston (as you may have seen on my Instagram!)

On the 52nd floor of the Prudential center in the heart of Back Bay, this restaurant definitely has the best panoramic view of the city from up in the clouds.


The food is also a sight to behold! Top of the Hub can get a bit pricey, so we usually do their lunch, which is less expensive and has a smaller menu but is no less delicious. We spent the afternoon taking in the view, stuffing our faces with fine food and discussing possible bridal shower ideas (I'm leaning towards a tea party theme, what do you think?)

 Mom got the open faced salmon sandwich.


I got the special- crab stuffed sole with asparagus, a lobster tail and a cranberry wild rice.


And of course we topped it all off with (what else) bubbly, espresso and a killer chocolate creme brulee.


I will be keeping my eye for these little sugar crystal sticks. So cute!


After we ate I snuck around the entire restaurant taking pictures from all angles...


I can see my apartment from here!



Afterwards, we hit up Saks and Lord & Taylor for some mother-daughter shopping. The shops are all conveniently located 52 floors below the restaurant. I was looking for a new handbag and mom was on the prowl for a gown for a charity gala that we'll be going to next weekend, hosted by Milford Regional Hospital. MRH has a special place in my heart after all they did to save my mum's life about 6 months ago when she was gravely ill with pneumonia. As you can see she's all better now thank goodness!

How was your weekend?




3 comments:

  1. Love Boston - views are gorgeous!

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
    It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable
    for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer
    to create your theme? Superb work!

    Stop by my blog - internet marketing for real estate [http://www.ask.com]

    ReplyDelete

(c) Stephanie Lincoln 2014. Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design